Does your business qualify?
A nominated business can only become a valid entrant if it meets the following criteria:
The nominated business MUST:
- Reside in Australia
- Have a registered Australian Business Number
- Have been operating in Australia for at least 12 months as at Thursday 16 March 2017
- Be more than 60% Australian-owned, with the owner(s) / founder(s) responsible for making the key management decisions; and
- If entering the Charity Award: be registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) and have endorsed Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status, with an annual income between $250,000 and $10,000,000; and
- If entering for the New Business Award have been operating in Australia between 12-36 months as at Thursday 16 March 2017.
The nominated business MUST NOT:
- Have more than 200 full-time equivalent staff as at the close of entries date, Thursday 16 March 2017
- Be a listed company, a franchisee, franchisor, a club, co-operative, or a Telstra licensee
- Be affiliated with Telstra through investments or donations
- Be more than 50% owned by another business
- Be a government agency
- Have employees who have judged the Awards program in 2015 or 2016
- Be a commercial supplier to the 2017 Awards;
- Have won an award in the same category in 2016. The nominated business can enter a different category in 2017;
- Have filed for bankruptcy in the prior 5 years or been subject to court proceedings in the prior 12 months from the close of entry date, including in the business owner or founder’s personal capacity; and
- Have been purchased, and operating as an existing business prior to purchase.
Entries for the 2017 Telstra Business Awards are now closed. Nominated businesses will be part of the 2018 program.
The recognition of charities in the prestigious Telstra Business Awards makes such a difference. When we interact with government, business and the community we can say loudly and proudly we measure up well.
2016 Telstra New South Wales